1. Run your gingerbread man game piece along the colored path like it’s a train on train tracks.
2. Recite lines from the story, The Gingerbread Man: "Run, run, run as fast as you can. You can’t catch me – I’m the gingerbread man!"
3. Repeat this line at least a dozen times.
4. Now recite a portion of the story, The Stinky Cheese Man (a satire of The Gingerbread Man.) Enlist Mommy to be the old woman in the story. Insist she pretend she is making your face out of olives and a slice of bacon, per the text.
5. Ignore Mommy’s questions about the color of the squares on the card she’s holding.
6. Read the names of all the picture locations on the game board.
7. When you get to the Molasses Swamp, get your stuffed animals and have each of them cross the swamp and act out the scene from the Backyardigans show “Pirate Treasure” where the characters cross a bubbling mud pit.
8. Walk out of the room to another activity. Leaving the game board, the cards, the game pieces and Mommy behind.
9. You win!
Elapsed time: 5 minutes.