Saturday, January 19, 2008

Short Hair

I don't want this blog to become just another "Kids Say the Darndest Things" compendium, but I have to share this conversation from yesterday if only because it's seemed like such a typical toddler-parent exchange.

I was just coming home in the late afternoon from getting my haircut. I've been wearing my hair short ever since Ben was born, and this latest cut was a particularly short, cropped style. Think Mia Farrow in her Frank Sinatra days.
Ben greets me at the door.

Ben: Where were you are?

Me: I was getting a haircut. Do you like it?

Ben: I want your hair to be fat.

Me: Well, it's short now, but it will grow again.

He comes over and tugs at my hair, runs his fingers through it, then walks away.

Ben: But now you're a boy!

Come to think of it, I read somewhere that the rest of the Rat Pack said that about Mia Farrow, too.

3 comments:

jaki said...

love the conversation...and Ben's insight into it! THey really do say the darnest things!

Susan said...

Chic haircut: $65. Shampoo that you hope will keep your hair looking young and shiny, without depleting the ozone layer: $18. "I want your hair to be fat!"

Priceless!

goodfountain said...

LOL I love that conversation. Thanks for sharing!