Friday, July 25, 2008

Evan

I only just met Vicki Foreman and learned about her son, Evan. Vicki is an incredibly talented writer and and advocate for parents who have children with special needs.

Yesterday, I found out that Evan died after a sudden illness.

A woman I spent part of an evening with, a boy I never knew, but still so much sadness at the news.

When you have a child it's like you take a piece of your heart out of your body and put it in the world. You make yourself vulnerable to life's greatest heartache - that you could lose this person - this piece of yourself.

My heart goes out to Vicki and her family.

You can visit Speak Softly... to see a photo of Vicki and Evan.

The family has asked that donations be sent to:

The Pediatric Epilepsy Fund at UCLA
Division of Pediatric Neurology
Mattel Children's Hospital at UCLA
David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA
22-474 MDCC
10833 Le Conte Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1752

No comments: