Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Anything is possible: two stories

Many of you regularly read the same special needs parenting blogs that I do, so it won't be a surprise when I say that I found myself stopped in my tracks, wiping away tears, and pumping my fist in the air all at once while reading two of my favorite writers recently.

For those of you who have not yet discovered the wonderful MOM-NOS or Drama Mama at Like a Shark, I direct you to these two stories and implore you to stop whatever you are doing and read them.

Every smile a memory: Cassidy, Dierks, and the transformative power of friendship

ability

These are stories about friendship, and about connection, and believing that amazing things are possible when individuals connect with something they feel passionate about.

Enjoy. Bring kleenex.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG Christa. Thank you for sharing these two breath takingly wonderful stories of life changing moments. As one trying to perform, I have only imagined the abilities which Ben displays in their fullness. As I know, this strange journey we walk called life is made so much richer by those we meet, love and befriend. May we continue to take one moment at a time; one breath at a time; one tear at a time. Love you all so much, Grandpa Bill

Deirdre said...

Just ... wow.

drama mama said...

Thank you, Bubeleh.