Thursday, December 1, 2011

You said "yes!"

On Monday night, I watched as donations to Flummox and Friends came in one after another, pushing us closer and closer to the $30K goal. But along with all the excitement, I was, frankly, exhausted.

It's been quite an eventful fall, with this video project being just one of several things I'm juggling (though none quite as fun as this). We were $600 away from the goal and I assumed we'd hit it in the morning.

"Wake me if we go over," I told Chris, somewhat as a formality, and got in bed.

Ten minutes later, he shouted for me to get up and yes, we had gotten a donation that pushed the total to the $30,000 we needed, assuring that we could collect all of the pledges made to date.

The experience has been humbling and inspiring. Getting support from hundreds of people that don't know me or the other team members personally, but who said "yes" on the merits of the idea alone shows me that we're on to something. Something exciting.

This is a note I sent to our supporters on Monday night:

Screen shot 2011-12-01 at 8.51.15 AM.png

And here are a few links to articles and interviews about the project that you can check out and share with friends who might still like to donate up until December 9th.

***Just released!*** My interview with Jeremy Fuksa of The Cocktail Napkin podcast. Download audio or video versions.

Jean Winegardner's article in Washington Times Communities

Shannon Rosa's interview with me in The Thinking Person's Guide to Autism

I hope you'll follow along with our progress by liking our Facebook page, following us on Twitter, or, if you haven't already, pledging a few bucks to our Kickstarter campaign so you can receive the backer updates that we'll be sending to all of our supporters so they can watch us spend their hard earned cash making the pilot episode of Flummox and Friends.

Thanks to all of you made donations, to those who blogged and re-blogged and tweeted and re-tweeted, who cajoled and nudged your friends and family and coworkers to help make this happen.

Fist bumps all around and stay tuned!

No comments: